Here is my list of helpful topic suggestions:
- Walking in circles in lifts
- The Moral Compass in the Southern African Context: Principles Gone Awry
- Perfect Low-light Pot Plants for the Office
- How to change a fuel pump
- Why the world might actually be flat
- How different the world be if there was no chocolate?
- Sometimes we see our bodies as separate from ourselves. Have a conversation with your body. Write the conversation in dialogue form
- Write about the colour of my childhood.
- "There are some things you learn best in calm and some in storm" - Willa Cather. Write about things you have learnt in storm. Begin: "One day..."
- Is 'Avatar' is worth any of the hype?
- How bubbles or a game of Uno would solve many of the world's problems?
- How so many varsity-aged women today appear to have some form of an eating disorder
- Some useful suggestions on how the save the planet that do not involve the UK submarine fleet.
Thanks for the topics!
It has been an extremely rough week for me, all because Frank (aka B) left on his 4 (maybe 3) month trip. Lab-mates Luke and Helen: You guys totally rock. Thanks for all the support and hugs, everyone!
Aaaand, the first topic iiiiiis... Chocolate!
Or, more specifically, how different the world would be if there was no chocolate. I felt this was an appropriate topic, given my current situation.
Firstly, although I don't subscribe to this theory, some say that especially for women, chocolate is a substitute for sex. So, if this were true, there was no chocolate, and people had no self-control.... You get my drift, no? I disagree, because I eat chocolate when I feel tired, frustrated, lonely, etc. This doesn't seem to tie up with The Theory.
Anyway, if there were no chocolate, the world would suffer less from post-nasal drips (I would know this, about an hour ago, I snaffled ¼ of a bar, and now, I'm struggling with a massive PND...), spend far less money (when I go through a chocolate phase, I REALLY go through chocolate), and probably be reliant on other things to make us happy. Like exercise.
I think that the world might end (well, for me anyway) if there were no dark chocolate. Milk and white chocolate I can live without. They are the major reasons why I tend not to indulge too often, as the sugar and dairy content is just too much for my dear mucous-producing sinuses. Dark chocolate is amazing though – I absolutely love the bitterness! However, a lot of people seem to disagree with me about the merits of a piece of really smooth dark chocolate, so I don't think the whole world would change too much is there were none!