Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 2 without sugar

I want a cup of tea!!!
A nice strong cup with a dash of milk and one-and-three-quarters teaspoons of sugar. Preferably with a piece of shortbread or a rusk. That's what I am craving soooo badly right now.

Up till now, it has been relatively easy to leave out refined sugar from my diet, although I discovered to my horror yesterday that the yoghurt that I thought was perfectly innocuous actually was sweetened... I also made muffins last night to take to varsity with me, and they had a bit of sugar in them. But now, I'm really really craving some sugar, and I would also really like to go and sleep (although this could be due to the fact that I have been at my desk by 7am for the past two days)...

Apart from the lack of sugary goodness (Charlie, lets go to candy mountain, Charlie!), I finally managed to sit down and work on my proposal. I wrote two sentences today. Despite the fact that it is only two sentences, it's more than I have written for the past week and a half or so, so take it as good progress! I do have a new deadline for it though - the end of next week... ARG!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm sorry, I'm sure it'll get easier! You definitely have my respect, sugar is one of life's necessities for me, right next to caffeine and blue food colouring...