Friday, May 15, 2009

Decisions!

What a week! I had hoped that my supervisor would totally like my proposal that I handed in last Friday. Well, on Monday he came back to me and gave me some horrible news: my introduction didn't match my aims! So I am back to the drawing board - officially "proposing" again! I feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall a bit, but luckily I'm wearing my stubborn boots again, and am determined to get it!

I went to the scuba club again last night, which is also taking quite a bit of determination on my part. I managed the evening, with a smile pasted on my face, then went to Melville for supper with some friends from the club, which turned out to be really fun! So this morning, of all the arbitrary things to be thinking of when walking up a hill on my way to my lab, I decided that it was about time to be entering the playing field again! Here we go!

On a more somber note, I had my last lab with my first year students. Although at the beginning, I still felt that I was beating my head against a brick wall with some of my students, by the end I was feeling a bit sad (in the interim, I had a coke, boosted my blood sugar levels and subsequently felt a whole lot better about life). I will miss (most) of my bay - overall they were good kids, and I wish them all of the best for their varsity career. Au revoir guys!

No comments: