Thursday, August 13, 2009

No Reservations

I consider myself to be rather reserved. That is, until I get to know people, but even then... Anyway, last week I discovered that when I am under a lot of pressure, I talk. A lot. For example, in the last two weeks I have practically told my life story to about 5 people (including a petrol pump attendant!). I'm pretty sure I freaked the poor guy out, and left him there wondering if he should call a psychologist, either for himself or me. Yes - last week was that bad!

However, I took a good look at myself, and realised that I have come a long way in terms of being more open with people about myself. Which is a good thing - how can anyone get to know you if you don't ever let them in?

So, in a way, this post is a bit self-congratulatory. Well done to me! I've grown up a bit!

No comments: